Friday 13 February 2015

Six top films for when you’re having one of "those" days


We all have one of those days sometimes, don’t we? When a cold is on the fringes, looking in the mirror gives you a fright and the week has dragged by, the only thing that will be sufficient to is a good old fashioned duvet day.
I’ve been having a quite a few of those days at the moment, and it’s not helped by the continuous cloud of sludge that is currently gracing England. When the rain is pouring and you’re not exactly feeling your best then what is commonly prescribed is a rom-com and ice-cream. I, for one, don’t have enough money to keep a continuous stock Ben and Jerry ready for when these moments occur, so that part of the plan is out the window pour moi. And, although I adore rom-coms I’m going to argue and suggest some pure romantic oldies and a few feel good ones sure to bring a tear or two.
So here are my top six films for one those days:
An Officer and a Gentleman
Motorbikes. White Uniforms. Hot navy guys. Need I say more?
(If you enjoyed this then I’d recommend Top Gun, similar scenario but plus young Tom Cruise)
When Harry Met Sally
Words do not describe my love for this film – my go to movie at all times.
The notion men and women can’t be friends is both supported and rebuked twice over.
Casablanca
I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship and it certainly is, between yourself and the film. Black and white, Humphrey Bogart, and a tough decision of having the one you love or saving the one you love.
Billy Elliot
1980s Yorkshire in the middle of the miners’ strike is not the traditional setting for a film but yet it works brilliantly. It will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, as well as angsty and if you’re me, slightly tearful at points.
 A Little Princess
My favourite childhood film, and thus perfectly comforting. I weep every time.
Notting Hill
Okay, one rom-com has sneaked in but hey this has a young Hugh Grant as an extremely sexy bookshop owner in 1990s London. What’s not to love?!

Now, grap your duvet, a nice mug of tea and get to it!


What are your favourite films for a rainy day? Any of these make the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and post a comment! I really appreciate it and try to reply to any questions asked x